Improved medical technology and affordable treatment cost results in making India best destination for IVF treatment.
While talking about IVF, the first question that comes to mind is: What is IVF?
Basically, IVF (In vitro fertilization) can be defined as one of the medical procedures helping people to deal with the fertility problems.
How does the treatment start?
The treatment starts with the best possible checkup including the prescription of fertility medicines to stimulate the production of eggs.
Once matured, a minor procedure is conducted to complete the egg retrieval process.
The eggs and the sperm are mixed together so that the eggs can be fertilized.
After fertilization, the embryo (fertilized egg) is transferred to the uterus so that it can be implanted.
A pregnancy test is performed after a week to confirm the success rate of IVF cycle.
In IVF, to avoid the danger of multiple pregnancies, initially a single embryo is exchanged and the remaining are kept frozen to be utilized in future. The probability of success rate of IVF mainly depends upon the reputation of clinic, the age of a woman, donor egg etc.
Presently, most of the foreigners are choosing India, particularly for IVF treatment.
Following are the most important reason:
- The specialized doctors, latest techniques, and equipment available in various IVF centres in India.
- Another reason is the cheap treatment cost of IVF in India.
- The patients visiting India for IVF treatment are paying half of the cost in comparison to western nations.
- Best Infertility Treatment with the help of the doctors who has several years of experience in IVF treatment.
- Reputation of the clinic
- No waiting period
- Consultants to help international patients to find the best IVF centers.
- Most of the staff of the hospitals can communicate in English.
This article will help you to know the top IVF centres in various cities of India:
1.Delhi IVF & Fertility Centre:
Being in the center of the capital of India, the demand of this IVF centre in Delhi is increasing rapidly as it is easily accessible by various means of transport. Since its founding, their mission is to ensure quality medical treatment to the couples who are struggling to become a parent.
Address: Todar Mal Lane, Bengali Market, Opposite Nathu Sweets, Near Mandi house metro station, Mandi House Delhi 110001, India.
- Mumbai Fertility Clinic & IVF Center:
Mumbai Fertility Clinic & IVF Center is one of the leading IVF centres of India.
Since its beginning, the clinic has successful pregnancies from various Assisted Reproductive Technologies such as IVF, ICSI, IUI, Sperm donation, Egg donation, Embryo donation and Surrogacy.
Dr. Jatin P Shah, Director of Mumbai Fertility Clinic & IVF centre in Mumbai, with his team of expert gynecologists, endoscopists, embryologists, has been performing IVF & ICSI very successfully and are helping more than thousands of patients to have IVF & ICSI babies. Besides, they are also handling innumerable pregnancies through simpler methods such as Intrauterine insemination.
In the last two years, around 100 couples met Dr. Jatin P. Shah for IVF treatment. A year back, he was in the news for the successful IVF-Surrogacy birth of Shahrukh Khan and Gauri khan’s son. He had done it previously also for some celebrities.
Address: 66-C, Motiwala Building, 1st Floor, A.K Marg, (West), Opposite August Kranti Maidan, Gowalia Tank, Grant Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400026.
3.MOMSOON Fertility & IVF Centre, Bangalore:
It helps the couples in fulfilling their dreams of becoming a parent by offering a wide range of treatment procedures and services and appreciate the diverse needs of international patients.
Address: Geetha Colony, 4th T Block East, 4th Block, Jayanagar, Bangalore, Karnataka 560011, India.
4.Iswarya Women’s Hospital & Fertilty Centre, Chennai:
Since its founding, it provides specialized healthcare including Gynecological, Maternity, Infertility and Neonatal care. Now, the hospital became a referral center providing medical services to handle high-risk conditions in women at an affordable price.
Address: 1st Main Road, Kasturbai Nagar, Opposite Sangeetha Hotel, Adyar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600020, India.
- Surya Fertility Centre, Hyderabad:
Located in Telangana & Andhra Pradesh, Surya Fertility Centre is among the few centres Pradesh where laser assisted Hatching is done. With the help of cutting- edge treatment and by using the latest technology, Surya Fertility Centre are making miracles every day and are bringing a ray of hope among the infertile couples.
Address: Banjara Hills Rd Number 3, Andhra Pradesh Real Estate, Green Valley, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana 500034
Cost is also one of the important factor responsible for making India as one of the favored destination for IVF treatment.
IVF costs in India are generally in the range of aroundRs 1,00,000 – Rs 2,00,000. Other Factors that Influence IVF Costs in India can be woman’s age & number of treatments involved such as the cost of a donor and frozen embryos.
How much painful is IVF treatment?
- Basically, IVF process involves injectable medicines. So those patients who have a fear of injection, they can feel some pain.
- In IVF treatment, the formation of egg results in the enlargement of ovaries which itself can be quite uncomfortable.
- In IVF, the patients are experiencing minimal pain for most of the patients.
- In IVF treatment, to retrieve the egg the doctors are using a needle for the collection of eggs which causes pain. Presently most of the hospitals are using anesthesia to reduce the pain.
Risks that may arise during IVF treatment:
- IVF treatment involves the risk of multiple births
- Frozen embryos which are used during IVF may increase the risk of miscarriage.
- It may cause the birth of a premature baby and low birth weight.
- The fertility drugs used in IVF treatment may cause shortness of breath and rapid weight gain.